Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Break!!!

AHHHHHH!!! Christmas break is fast approaching, and I am ecstatic. For the past 3 and a half months my life has revolved around school. My mind has been jammed with thoughts of assignments and deadlines. I have been surviving on caffeine and sugar, and have severely missed my family and friends.

However, the past couple of months have been very rewarding too. As I already stated in an earlier post, I met and made friends with numerous amazing people, and I have been challenged both mentally and physically (sleep, stress, etc.).

What I have learned over the past couple of months is that I really am capable of whatever I put my mind to. It's a really great thing to realize.

But besides that realization, I am immensely looking forward to a little break. I long for sleep and freetime, and my neighbourhood YMCA misses me.

So here is a brief list of some of the things that I will be doing with my newfound freedom come December 12th:

-Sleeping, oh how I missed you..

-Going out for dinners/drinks/movies/bowling/anything not school related

-Watching tv...ok...I still did that, but I had to forgo my usual tv marathons!

-Eating lunch at home

-Eating dinner at home

-Drinking less coffee/pop/anything to keep me awake

-Not stressing about whether my story, screenplay, interview, fact sheet, memo, tv show, brochure, research assignment, talk show, restaurant review, radio read, tv ad, print ad, radio ad, oral presentation, etc., etc. is good enough to be handed in.

-Taking baths...just me? Okay.

-Listening to music. It distracts me when I'm doing schoolwork.

-Hanging out with my sister. I miss her so much.

-Hanging out with my friends. They miss me so much.

-Going shopping for more than an hour at a time.

-Going to the gym! I am brutally out of shape.

And for all the things that I couldn't do this semester, I will be doing those too!

Christmas break....I love you.

-Christa

2 comments:

  1. I love christmas break too, and baths, and shopping, tv ... ok pretty much everything you just said.

    ReplyDelete