Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I sent my first "tweet" today!

I officially joined the world of Twitter today! Since I am interested in a career in Public Relations I feel that Twitter will be an essential tool for me. It will be a great networking device and keep me updated on the latest current events/news stories.

Just a head's up to those of you who have yet to join the Twitter world, it took me about a half an hour to set up my account. This was not because the application process was extensive, but because the system would not add me. I sat in front of my computer, and hit "retry" about 50 times before it actually logged me into the system. But do not be deterred, because behind that barrier lies a world with a wealth of knowledge. I (along with millions of others) found out that Heidi Montag is going shopping for Thanksgiving Day groceries to make her husband "the best Thanksgiving Day dinner, EVER!"

Had I not been on Twitter, I would never have known that.

I am also now best friends with Lady Gaga, Lauren Conrad, Whitney Port, Jimmy Fallon and Jeremy Piven. I hope that they will be "following me" back...

I look forward to my venture into the world of Twitter, but fear that a strong addiction may develop, and people who love me and care about me may never see me again...unless they come visit me at home, where I will be tweeting from my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment